The Liebster Award - Discover New Blogs
I have been nominated by Mum Tum Diaries (thankyou!) for a Liebster award this week. After a little research, I found out that this award is all about discovering new blogs and helping fellow (relatively unknown) bloggers with their readership. As a new blogger myself (Hello Archie began around August 2013), I've really enjoyed seeing the incline of readers viewing my blog over the past few months and I've been promoted by so many lovely people that I had to do my bit to help them too, so of course I'm accepting this award.
Here are the general rules for the Liebster award:
- Acknowledge and thank the blog who nominated you
- Look for an award image that you like, and post it on your blog
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person/blog who nominated you
- List 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs with under 200 followers to receive the award (I did mostly under 200 but some have a few more, no more than 400 though)
- Let the bloggers know that you nominated them
- Give them 11 questions to answer
What is your blogging goal for 2015? I'm hoping to increase my current readership for Hello Archie. I've loved watching my pageviews/readers increase slowly over the past few months and I'd love to gradually build that by posting 2-3 times a week and hopefully blogging interesting content that people want to read!
What is your favourite film? I'd say it's a tie between Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Closer.
What is your favourite thing about yourself? That's a tricky one. I'd say my ability to be a good Mother. Before having a baby, it's difficult to know what it will be like or how you'll take to motherhood, but it's probably the only thing that I'm confident in. I know I'm a good Mother to Archie (I try my hardest at all times, I want the best for him and I want him to be proud of his Mummy) and I only wish I was as confident in other aspects of my life.
What is your biggest fear? Easy. Losing Archie. Nothing even comes close.
Do you have a favourite blogger? If so, who and why do you like them? I wouldn't say I have a favourite. There are a few blogs that I keep up with and I've met so many lovely Mummy bloggers, I wouldn't be able to choose just one. However, one blog that I adore is Lay Baby Lay.
What is your favourite photo of all time?
Love or money? and why? Love is my family, and I'd choose them over a trillion pounds any day.
If you could do any job in the world, what would it be? I'm lucky enough to be doing it already. I'm a web and graphic designer and I love it! Of course, I have aspirations to further my career, work freelance one day, maybe even set up my own design business, but it makes me extremely happy to say I've achieved a career that I love, and I hope it only gets better.
What is your earliest memory? The earliest I can remember is around age 4-5 (that's if I am remembering and not just recalling what I've been told by my parents). There's not one particular memory, I just remember holidays with my cousins to Butlins (woo!) and general memories with my family.
Who is your Idol? My parents.
What is your favourite blog post written by you? Probably the story of Archie's Uncle and my brother, Connor.
11 facts about myself
- I always fall asleep and miss the ending of films.
- I have really neat handwriting.
- I love reading and I get through books really fast (when I have the time). On holiday, I used to get through a book a day (before I had a baby!).
- I love English seaside holidays and hate going abroad!
- The screen on my phone has been replaced twice in the last 5 months.
- I'm an Apple fangirl.
- I designed the Hot Pod Yoga website.
- I am not married or engaged to Mr J but we've been together almost 8 years.
- I'm a relatively good ice-skater (and I love it).
- I hate snow.
- I live 12 doors away from my parents (great for babysitting).
Who I nominate
Sue at the Shack
It's a Mummy thing
Mum in the know
A Little Lyrical
Mama vs Teacher
The Errant Sock
11 questions for you
What's your favourite month of the year?
What's your middle name and why did your parents choose it?
What's your favourite TV show?
Where did you meet your current partner?
Do you have any pets? How do your children interact with them and vice versa?
Where in the world do you live?
What's your favourite blog?
What was the last lie you told?
What flavour is your perfect pizza?
What were you doing exactly 1 hour ago?
What's the longest you've gone without sleep?
Did you know I'm a graphic designer too? If you're looking for help to brand your business or make your blog beautiful, check out my portfolio!
Looking for someone to design a new blog header or logo for your business? I'm a graphic & web designer! Find out more →