Marvellous Mondays #57 — Happy New Year!
Happy New Year!
Oh, we missed you all. It's been so strange not having Marvellous Mondays around, I honestly felt lost without our little community, and though it was nice to have a break, it's lovely to be back and in 2017! We've had a good think about the direction we want to take our linky in and there will be a few changes for the following year, so read ahead:
- Our weekly featured post will now be deliberated between the three of us and one chosen depending on our favourite; please ensure you always add the badge to your posts and comment on the minimum number of posts to be eligible to be featured!
- Now Marvellous Mondays tends to receive up to 100 linkers a week, commenting on every post is quite difficult for us to manage, so although we will no longer be commenting on every single post, we will try to do as many as possible and we'll be focusing more on commenting checks to make sure everyone's still receiving a good amount.
- We have a new featured post badge, so anyone whose been featured in the past and in anyone whose featured in the future are free to use it (find it below).
Marvellous Mondays is a place bloggers can come to share all of their best posts of the week and somewhere we can all rally together to beat the Monday blues. Hosted by myself (Kaye) and the fabulous Emily of My Petit Canard & Fran of Back with a Bump, we'll be reading, commenting and sharing all of your wonderful posts.
My last featured post of the year is 5 Thoughts I Had in a Nightclub as a Mum by Odd Hogg. Nightclub's are a bit of a mystery to me these days and I'm pretty sure when I finally get around to that elusive night out, I'll be thinking all of these things too (especially the last one)!
Emily's last featured post of the year is The Reality of Being A Working Mum – 10 Months In from Angela over at Life, Motherhood and Everything who shared a great posts on the very real challenges of what it is like to be a working mother. A great post for anyone who wants to get a feel of what they should prepare themselves for before returning to work.
Fran's last featured post of the year is Things I Shouldn’t Find Satisfying… by Media Mummy. This post made Fran smile as she found herself relating to so many things like a one wipe poo and definitely getting the last parent and child parking space. Small victories and all that!
NB. IMPORTANT STUFF - HIGHLIGHTED IN PINK
1. You can link up to two posts per week. Posts can be new or old and on any topic you would like to share and promote but no linkys please. Linky opens at 6am on Monday morning and closes at 11:55pm the same day.
2. We'd love it if you could make sure you're following Emily (@MyPetitCanard), Fran (@BackWithABump_) and myself (@HelloArchie_) on Twitter - mainly to ensure we can keep up with you all and remind you of the next weeks link-up!
3. Add the Marvellous Monday's badge to the bottom of your post. It's really simple and easy to do, just copy and paste the HTML code from the badge below.
4. In true linky fashion, please share the love and comment on one of the host's posts, the post directly before yours and one other of your choosing at an absolute minimum per week. Please ensure you've completed your commenting by Friday night each week. When commenting, use the hashtag #MarvMondays so that they know how you've found their post.
5. By linking up, you are giving us permission to send you a weekly email reminder for Marvellous Mondays.
6. To be chosen as one of our featured posts, you must have commented on the minimum number of posts as laid out above, and you must have our badge present on your post or in the sidebar of your site.
Feel free to use the hashtag #MarvMondays when sharing your posts on Twitter and include either @MyPetitCanard, @BackWithABump_ or @HelloArchie_ so that we can share your marvellous posts on our own networks. Happy linking!
Did you know I'm a graphic designer too? If you're looking for help to brand your business or make your blog beautiful, check out my portfolio!
Looking for someone to design a new blog header or logo for your business? I'm a graphic & web designer! Find out more →