Marvellous Mondays #46 - A Marvellous New Co-Host!
A huge apology from me this week as I didn't manage to get round to commenting on everyone's post. As the linky grows, Emily and I have realised we can't cover the workload alone if we want to continue to thrive, so this week we've made a couple of changes ;there's an amend to the guidelines (please re-read below) and an announcement below.
After slowly but steadily growing the Marvellous Mondays linky thanks to all of you lovely people, Emily and I are really excited to take on an additional co-host and welcome Fran from Back With A Bump into the fold. For those of you that have been linking up with us for the last few months, you may remember Fran guest co-hosting the linky when Emily's little guy arrived. She did such a cracking job that when we decided that we needed to recruit an additional team member, Fran was at the top of our list! We’re really looking forward to seeing what we can do as a trio so watch this space.
This week it's been great to see commenting continuing to improve with only six posts not receiving comments. Obviously we'd like to see this number disappear completely, but its great to see it reducing week by week so thank you everyone for continuing to make such a great effort. As noted last week, the posts that aren't receiving comments tend to be towards the end of the linky, so if you can, please try to check back in later in the week to see if there are any other posts you'd like to comment on. Its most likely that people are commenting around the same time that they are linking up, missing those posts added later in the day.
Marvellous Mondays is a place bloggers can come to share all of their best posts of the week and somewhere we can all rally together to beat the Monday blues. Hosted by myself (Kaye) and the fabulous Emily of My Petit Canard, we'll be reading, commenting and sharing all of your wonderful posts.
A HUGE THANKS TO OUR TOP COMMENTERS!
This week's fabulous top commenter is Ann of Rainbows Are Too Beautiful; thankyou so much for taking the time to comment on lots of our #MarvMondays posts, again! Next we have our runner-up commenters, Fiona from Coombe Mill and Beth of Life as Mum. Thankyou to all our top commenters for taking time to comment on more posts than is expected, you're the reason our little linky is growing so well week-by-week!
My featured post this week is Why Living with Kids is Just Like Living in Student Accommodation by Digital Motherhood; I was nodding my head along to every single point Sarah made and it's quite surprising how similar kids and students really are!
Emily's featured post this week is Penny Bug and Her First Ballet Lesson From Rhian over at Tum to Mum; one of our relatively new linkers to Marvellous Mondays who shared a great post on her little one's first ballet lesson which just goes to show that despite our best efforts as parents, you simply can't plan for every eventuality. Her post had Emily giggling at the misfortune of it all, knowing that it so easily could have been her.
NB. IMPORTANT STUFF - HIGHLIGHTED IN PINK
1. You can link up to two posts per week. Posts can be new or old and on any topic you would like to share and promote but no linkys please. Linky opens at 6am on Monday morning and closes at 11:55pm the same day.
2. We'd love it if you could make sure you're following Emily (@MyPetitCanard) and myself (@HelloArchie_) on Twitter - mainly to ensure we can keep up with you all and remind you of the next weeks link-up!
3. Add the Marvellous Monday's badge to the bottom of your post. It's really simple and easy to do, just copy and paste the HTML code from the badge below.
4. In true linky fashion, please share the love and comment on one of the host's posts, the post directly before yours and one other of your choosing at an absolute minimum per week. Please ensure you've completed your commenting by Saturday midday each week. When commenting, use the hashtag #MarvMondays so that they know how you've found their post.
5. By linking up, you are giving us permission to send you a weekly email reminder for Marvellous Mondays.
6. To be chosen as one of our featured posts, you must have commented on the minimum of posts as laid out above, and you must have our badge present on your post or in the sidebar of your site.
Feel free to use the hashtag #MarvMondays when sharing your posts on Twitter and include either @MyPetitCanard or @HelloArchie_ so that we can share your marvellous posts on our own networks. Happy linking!
And onto our fabulous badge..
Click here for code if you're on a mobile device.
Did you know I'm a graphic designer too? If you're looking for help to brand your business or make your blog beautiful, check out my portfolio!
Looking for someone to design a new blog header or logo for your business? I'm a graphic & web designer! Find out more →