Marvellous Mondays #40 - Some August news for our linky!
Happy Monday - we have big news!
So, there's alot going on this August! Baby #2 is now very imminent, so much so that I've no idea whether I'll be around for this weeks Marvellous Mondays or not - but not to worry, Emily will be holding the fort and I'll catch up with your posts as soon as I can! With these things in mind, Emily and I have decided that it would make sense for us to wind things down for the next few weeks, and so the linky will take a two week hiatus starting from next week.
Therefore Marvellous Mondays will not run from August 15 – August 22 and will resume on 29th August. As much as we love running our lovely little linky, it felt like this was probably the best option for us both, and will hopefully cause minimum disruption for everyone. The linky will continue to run as normal this week and Emily and I will pick and share our favourite posts and top commenters from this week when we resume on the 29th. We will send reminders out a few days before the 29th so if you aren't on our reminder list and would like to be added please let us know. We would love to see you all come back and link up with us again on August 29th!
This week we had a great week on the linky with a fantastic number of link ups, but more importantly, every single post linked up got a comment! It feels like a huge achievement, and one that we have all worked to accomplish together so thank you to everyone for really making an effort and taking the time to comment on posts. This is really starting to become such an amazing little community, well done guys!
Marvellous Mondays is a place bloggers can come to share all of their best posts of the week and somewhere we can all rally together to beat the Monday blues. Hosted by myself (Kaye) and the fabulous Emily of My Petit Canard, we'll be reading, commenting and sharing all of your wonderful posts.
A HUGE THANKS TO OUR TOP COMMENTERS!
For the third week in a row, our top commenter was Helena of The Queen of Collage, who left an incredible amount of comments on others blogs, and joining Helena as joint top commenter is the wonderful Beth of Life as Mum - you ladies put so much in to make #MarvMondays a wonderful place and we're all very grateful!
Our runners-up this week were the lovely Emma of Island Living 365 & the lovely Liane of Rosy Cheeks & Muddy Feet. Thankyou to all our weekly commenters for appreciating #MarvMondays and for the fab work you always help us put in to keeping this linky successful and running.
My featured post this week is Breastfeeding Myths Debunked by Lucy at Home; As the birth of my second child becomes closer each day I've been thinking alot about how our breastfeeding journey will go and I love this informative post by Lucy where she talks about her own stories too. I struggled with my first due to lack of knowledge and support so I love reading these open and honest posts by other Mummy's who have managed to become well-established with breatfeeding their babies!
Emily's featured post this week is What I Think About When I think About Cbeebies by Kim and Hannah over at SisterKin whose post has convinced Emily that sitting the little one in front of Cbeebies every now and then might not be such a bad thing! Em loved their thoughts on a few of the popular programmes and loved to see that she's not the only one who's wondered what Justin’s House Robert the Robot actually looks like!
NB. IMPORTANT STUFF - HIGHLIGHTED IN PINK
1. You can link up to two posts per week. Posts can be new or old and on any topic you would like to share and promote. Linky opens at 6am on Monday morning and closes at 11:55pm the same day.
2. We'd love it if you could make sure you're following Emily (@MyPetitCanard) and myself (@HelloArchie_) on Twitter - mainly to ensure we can keep up with you all and remind you of the next weeks link-up!
3. Add the Marvellous Monday's badge to the bottom of your post. It's really simple and easy to do, just copy and paste the HTML code from the badge below.
4. In true linky fashion, please share the love and comment on one of the host's posts and the post directly before yours (preferably more!) at an absolute minimum per week. Please ensure you've done your commenting by Saturday midday each week. When commenting, use the hashtag #MarvMondays so that they know how you've found their post.
5. By linking up, you are giving us permission to send you a weekly email reminder for Marvellous Mondays.
6. NEW RULE! To be chosen as one of our featured posts, you must have commented on the minimum of posts as laid out above, and you must have our badge present on your post or in the sidebar of your site.
Feel free to use the hashtag #MarvMondays when sharing your posts on Twitter and include either @MyPetitCanard or @HelloArchie_ so that we can share your marvellous posts on our own networks. Happy linking!
And onto our fabulous badge..
Click here for code if you're on a mobile device.
Did you know I'm a graphic designer too? If you're looking for help to brand your business or make your blog beautiful, check out my portfolio!
Looking for someone to design a new blog header or logo for your business? I'm a graphic & web designer! Find out more →