Archie | 7 Months
My baby boy is 7 months old, I can hardly believe it. This month, Archie has come on in leaps and bounds, he's learned so many different skills in such a short time span (no wonder it's affected his sleep) and he's growing into such a beautiful little person. This month, I've been beginning to think about returning to work (2 months to go!) and sorting out nursery. It's a massive weight off of my shoulders but I'm dreading the day I have to leave my baby boy for the whole day.
Weight: 18 pounds 4 oz! Still on the 50th percentile and such a chunky little monkey. I can't believe how big he's getting!
Sleep: If you read my 6 month sleep regression post, you'd know that we've definitely had a tough time this month but things have improved massively over the last couple of weeks. Although some nights are worse than others (still 5-6 night wakings), we also have nights where Archie will sleep for 10 hours straight, so that makes things easier!
I've been sleep-training since 6 months and doing the PUPD (pick up/put down) method which seems to be working (although we have hit a few bumps in the road). Archie mostly sleeps all night in his cot and takes naps in his cot which I consider to be quite an achievement. He can self-settle if he wants to, but bedtimes are still a little tricky. His night wakings seem to be caused by a number of different factors; wind, the heat, leaking nappies, teething etc. so it's hard to really pin down the problem but we just continue with a consistent bedtime routine and things are slowly getting better.
Food: Slowly but surely we're getting the hang of solids, it's a learning curve for me as well as Archie. Although he still has finger foods, he is mostly purée-fed (or lumpy purée) now as it's just worked out better for us. Archie has 3 small meals a day and is eating mostly fruit and veg from banana, strawberries, orange (which he loves) to sweet potato, carrot and potato. We had to stop giving him broccoli (a shame, as he loved it) as it was giving him bad wind before bed.
Sizes: Size 4 nappies. He's also now in 9-12 month clothes at barely 7 months! I can't believe just how big he's getting, it's amazing. He's such a bright, rambunctious little (big!) boy.
Mood: Still a happy monkey! Bar the usual issues of teething, being overtired or hungry, he has such a wonderful temperament. He's always smiling and laughing, chatting, crawling and getting into everything. He really is a wonderful baby with such a loving personality. We are very, very lucky.
Likes: Getting into anything that he shouldn't, trying to chew on cables, looking at his reflection in our lamp (I love lamp), the xbox memory card, remote controls, phones (still), rubbish, nappies, chewing wipes, blowing bubbles, splashing in the bath, clawing at skin, pulling Mummy's hair, being on his feet, chewing his books, Mummy singing to him, shoes, cuddles with Mama.
Dislikes: Vegetables! Being fed (he wants to feed himself), the scary laughing pumpkin toy at Nanny & Grandad's, his teeth moving, the hot weather at night, waiting for his milk, loud noises (especially the hoover).
- Crawling, properly crawling on all fours, and he's so fast, it's crazy!
- Sitting unaided and pushing himself to sit. It's so cute and I'm amazed he's mastered it as well as crawling this month, such a busy boy.
- Alot of talking, saying 'dadadadada' and 'mamamama' as well as lots of baby natter (that he mainly likes to practice at 4.45am).
- Mimicking actions and sounds, such as gurgling.
- In the last couple of days, he's started pulling himself to a standing position (time to lower the cot), can't believe he's already doing this at just 7 months!
Things I don't want to forget:
- Archie received a lovely Henry toy from my wonderful friend, Cadi. My brother used to love him and we have very fond memories of him. I love that Archie has his own Henry to remember his Uncle with.
- Archie has started peering through the bars in his cot to see us in the morning (unfortunately he believes morning to be anywhere from 4:30-5:30), it's so cute that he knows we're there and is trying to get our attention.
- We took Archie to play in the small water park at Coate Water the other day, he seemed a bit daunted by all the other children but seemed to enjoy himself. Not long before he'll be running around there himself without our help.
- Finally, we got a picture of Archie with his cousins, Caitlin and new-to-the-family, Aiden, where Archie isn't crying his eyes out.
Did you know I'm a graphic designer too? If you're looking for help to brand your business or make your blog beautiful, check out my portfolio!
Looking for someone to design a new blog header or logo for your business? I'm a graphic & web designer! Find out more →